What is Altretamine?
The salt Altretamine is used for the treatment of Ovarian Cancer and other conditions.Detailed information related to Altretamine’s uses, side-effects, reviews, questions, interactions, and precautions is as follows:
Altretamine is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
· Ovarian Cancer
Altretamine Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Altretamine improves the patient’s condition by performing the following functions:
· Slowing or stopping the growth of cancer cells.
Altretamine – Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur in medicines that contain Altretamine. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
· Numbness In Arms Or Legs
· Pale Skin
Altretamine – Precautions & How to Use
Before using this drug, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
· Avoid contact with people who have colds or other infections
· Consult your doctor if you have bone marrow cancer, bone marrow depression, liver problems, receiving radiation, taking any other medicines such as MAO inhibitors
· Do not touch your eyes or the inside of your nose unless you have thoroughly washed your hands
· Exercise caution in the elderly
· Monitor the treatment progress or check for side effects
· Prevent bleeding or avoid situations where bruising or injury may occur