Amoxicillin / Bromhexine is used for Bacterial infections, Bronchitis, Breathing problems, Sinusitis and other conditions.
This salt combination may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Detailed information related to Amoxicillin / Bromhexine’s uses, side-effects, reviews, questions, interactions, and precautions is as follows:
Amoxicillin / Bromhexine is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Bacterial infections
- Breathing problems
- Amoxicillin / Bromhexine may also be used for purposes not listed here.
Amoxicillin / Bromhexine Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur in medicines that contain Amoxicillin / Bromhexine. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Cholestatic jaundice
- Amoxicillin / Bromhexine may also cause side-effects not listed here.
If you notice other side-effects not listed above, contact your doctor for medical advice. You may also report side-effects to your local food and drug administration authority.
Before using Amoxicillin / Bromhexine, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Consult your doctor if suffering from lung infection, breathing difficulty while resting, blood in the mucus, fever and chest pain, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, severe uncontrolled asthma, stomach ulcers, liver or kidney problems
- Consult your doctor immediately if you develop watery or bloody diarrhea during or after this medication
- Do not take it for more than 2 weeks
- Do periodic assessment of renal, hepatic or hematopoietic functions
- Expect increase in lung secretions
- In case of serious allergic reactions or developing skin lesions, stop taking this medicine and consult your doctor
- Keep taking medicine until treatment is finished
- Requires monitoring of renal, hepatic, and hematopoetic functions
- Seek medical attention if symptoms last longer than 14 days or worsen after use of medication
- Space the doses evenly during the day
Interactions with Amoxicillin / Bromhexine
If you use other drugs or over the counter products at the same time, the effects of Amoxicillin / Bromhexinemay change. This may increase your risk for side-effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Tell your doctor about all the drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using, so that you doctor can help you prevent or manage drug interactions. Amoxicillin / Bromhexine may interact with the following drugs and products:
When not to use Amoxicillin / Bromhexine
Hypersensitivity to Amoxicillin / Bromhexine is a contraindication. In addition, Amoxicillin / Bromhexine should not be used if you have the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity to any penicillin