What is Amoxicillin / Dicloxacillin?
The salt combination Amoxicillin / Dicloxacillin is used for the treatment of Bacterial Infections Of Respiratory Tract, Bacterial Infections Of Urinary Tract, Bacterial Infections Of Skin, Bacterial Infections Of Heart, Bacterial Infections Of Gums, Bacterial Infections Of Ear and other conditions.Detailed information related to Amoxicillin / Dicloxacillin’s uses, side-effects, reviews, questions, interactions, and precautions is as follows:
Amoxicillin / Dicloxacillin Uses
Amoxicillin / Dicloxacillin is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
· Bacterial Infections Of Respiratory Tract
· Bacterial Infections Of Urinary Tract
· Bacterial Infections Of Skin
· Bacterial Infections Of Heart
· Bacterial Infections Of Gums
· Bacterial Infections Of Ear
· Bacterial Infections
Amoxicillin / Dicloxacillin Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Amoxicillin / Dicloxacillin improves the patient’s condition by performing the following functions:
· Killing bacteria by inhibiting the production of the bacterial cell wall.
· Interfering the formation of bacterial cell wall.
Amoxicillin / Dicloxacillin – Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side effects that may occur in medicines that contain Amoxicillin / Dicloxacillin. This is not a comprehensive list. These side effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side effects, especially if they do not go away.
· Skin Rash
· Severe Skin Allergies
· Irritation At The Site Of Injection
Amoxicillin / Dicloxacillin – Precautions & How to Use
Before using this drug, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
· Birth control pills may not work
· Do not take it for more than 2 weeks
· Do periodic assessment of renal, hepatic or hematopoietic functions
· Keep taking medicine until treatment is finished
· Space the doses evenly during the day
· Take by mouth either 1 hour before or 2 hours after eating