What is Calamine?
Calamine Lotion is used for Photo damage of skin, Eczema, Itch, Itching, Sunburn, Microbial infection on living surface, Hemorrhoids, Diaper rashes, Nettle rash, Pain in skin and other conditions. Calamine Lotion may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Calamine Lotion contains Calamine Topical and Zinc Oxide Topical as active ingredients.
Calamine Lotion works by producing the skin soothing action; preventing skin disorders; preventing sunburn and erythema by blocking the ultraviolet radiations; providing an antiseptic activity;
Calamine Lotion Uses
Calamine Lotion is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
· Photo damage of skin
· Microbial infection on living surface
· Diaper rashes
· Pain in skin
· Burning sensation
Calamine Lotion Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Calamine Lotion improves the patient’s condition by performing the following functions:
· Producing the skin soothing action.
· Preventing skin disorders; preventing sunburn and erythema by blocking the ultraviolet radiations; providing an antiseptic activity.
Calamine Lotion – Precautions & How to Use
Before using Calamine Lotion, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
· do not take by mouth. Consult with your doctor before using this medicine on open wounds, dry, chapped, irritated, or sun-burned skin.
· wash your hands before and after applying Calamine Lotion. Clean and dry the skin area to be treated.
· do not wash the treated area after immediately applying Calamine Lotion. Also avoid the use of other products on the treated area unless directed by your doctor.
· applying an excessive amount may result in pilling. Use a thinner layer or lesser quantity of medicine to avoid pilling.
· avoid getting this medication in your eyes or nose or mouth.