What is Chloramphenicol?
Chloramphenicol Suspension is a medicine that is used for the treatment of Life-Threatening Infection, Haemophilus Influenza, Typhoid Fever, Eye Infections, Bacterial Infections Of The Outer Ear and other conditions.
Chloramphenicol Suspension contains Chloramphenicol as an active ingredient.
Chloramphenicol Suspension works by killing or slowing the growth of sensitive bacteria.
Detailed information related to Chloramphenicol Suspension’s uses, composition, dosage, side effects and reviews is listed below.
Chloramphenicol Suspension Uses
Chloramphenicol Suspension is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
· Life-Threatening Infection
· Haemophilus Influenza
· Typhoid Fever
· Eye Infections
· Bacterial Infections Of The Outer Ear
Chloramphenicol Suspension Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Chloramphenicol Suspension improves the patient’s condition by performing the following functions:
· Killing or slowing the growth of sensitive bacteria.
Chloramphenicol Suspension – Composition and Active Ingredients
Chloramphenicol Suspension is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
· Chloramphenicol (125 MG)
Please note that this medicine may be available in various strengths for each active ingredient listed above.
Chloramphenicol Suspension – Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Chloramphenicol Suspension. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
· Inflammation Of The Skin
· Grey Baby Syndrome In Newborns
· Sensitivity Reactions May Occur With The Use Of Chloramphenicol Eye Drops Such As Transient Irritation
Chloramphenicol Suspension – Precautions & How to Use
Before using this drug, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
· Avoid repeated courses
· Avoid situations in which bruising or injury may occur
· Check blood sugar levels closely
· Consult your doctor if you are concomitantly using anticoagulants, convulsants, sulphonylurea
· Consult your doctor in case you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation or dietary supplement, allergies to medicines or foods, have anemia, bone marrow problems, liver disease, kidney problem
· Do not wear contact lenses during the treatment for eye infection