What is Clobetasol Propionate & Salicylic Acid?
Clobetasol Propionate & Salicylic Acid is used for Skin diseases, Eczema, Blemishes, Acne, Dandruff, Inflammatory skin conditions, Itching, Calluses and corns, Redness of the skin, Skin redness and other conditions. This salt combination may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide. Detailed information related to Clobetasol Propionate & Salicylic Acid’s uses, side-effects, reviews, questions, interactions, and precautions is as follows:
Clobetasol Propionate & Salicylic Acid Uses
Clobetasol Propionate & Salicylic Acid is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Skin diseases
- Inflammatory skin conditions
- Calluses and corns
- Skin redness
- Clobetasol Propionate & Salicylic Acid may also be used for purposes not listed here.
Clobetasol Propionate & Salicylic Acid – Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur in medicines that contain Clobetasol Propionate & Salicylic Acid. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Severe allergic reaction
- Stinging i dryness at the application site
- Mild cold or burning sensation at the site of application
- Clobetasol Propionate & Salicylic Acid may also cause side-effects not listed here.
Clobetasol Propionate & Salicylic Acid Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Clobetasol Propionate & Salicylic Acid improves the patient’s condition by performing the following functions:
- Reducing certain immune responses to reduce redness and itching of the skin.
- Works on reducing swelling, redness, pimples and also loosens and softens the dry and scaly skin.
Clobetasol Propionate & Salicylic Acid – Precautions & How to Use
Before using Clobetasol Propionate & Salicylic Acid, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Avoid contact with eyes
- Avoid contact with eyes and other mucous membranes
- Consult a doctor about medication or kidney problems
- Discontinue use and consult a doctor if excessive burning, stinging or peeling occurs
- Do not use this medicine for diaper rash
- May interefere with doping tests and sports performance testing
- Pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding
- Professional athletes should consult specialist before use