What is Dextrose?
Dextrose Infusion is a medicine that is used for the treatment of Carbohydrate Depletion, Dehydration, Fluid Depletion, Hypoglycemia, Water Replacement and other conditions.
Dextrose Infusion contains Dextrose as an active ingredient.
Dextrose Infusion works by improving immune system, blood production, muscles, bones and general built of body.
Detailed information related to Dextrose Infusion’s uses, composition, dosage, side effects and reviews is listed below.
Dextrose Infusion Uses
Dextrose Infusion is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
· Carbohydrate Depletion
· Fluid Depletion
· Water Replacement
Dextrose Infusion Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Dextrose Infusion improves the patient’s condition by performing the following functions:
· Improving immune system, blood production, muscles, bones and general built of body.
Dextrose Infusion – Composition and Active Ingredients
Dextrose Infusion is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
· Dextrose (5%)
Please note that this medicine may be available in various strengths for each active ingredient listed above.
Dextrose Infusion – Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Dextrose Infusion. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
· Pain At Injection Site
· Diabetes Mellitus
· Tingling Or Prickling Sensation
· Vein Irritation
· Abnormally Low Phosphate Level
· Allergic Reactions
Dextrose Infusion – Precautions & How to Use
Before using this drug, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
· Blood electrolyte monitoring is essential
· Caution in patients with known subclinical or overt diabetes mellitus
· Concentrated dextrose solutions should not be administered subcutaneously or intramuscularly
· Do not abruptly withdrawn this drug
· Do not use unless the solution is clear and seal is intact
· Electrolyte deficits, particularly in serum potassium and phosphate may occur during prolonged use