What is Moxifloxacin Eye Drops?
Moxifloxacin Eye Drops is a medicine that is used for the treatment of Eye Infections, Female Genital Tract Infection, Respiratory Tract Infections, Abdominal Infections, Chronic Bronchitis, Community Acquired Pneumonia and other conditions.
Moxifloxacin Eye Drops contains Moxifloxacin as an active ingredient.
Moxifloxacin Eye Drops works by inhibiting enzymes involved in DNA processes.
Detailed information related to Moxifloxacin Eye Drops’s uses, composition, dosage, side effects and reviews is listed below.
Moxifloxacin Eye Drops Uses
Moxifloxacin Eye Drops is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
· Eye Infections
· Female Genital Tract Infection
· Respiratory Tract Infections
· Abdominal Infections
· Chronic Bronchitis
· Community Acquired Pneumonia
Moxifloxacin Eye Drops Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Moxifloxacin Eye Drops improves the patient’s condition by performing the following functions:
· Inhibiting enzymes involved in DNA processes.
Moxifloxacin Eye Drops – Composition and Active Ingredients
Moxifloxacin Eye Drops is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
· Moxifloxacin (0.5% W/V)
Please note that this medicine may be available in various strengths for each active ingredient listed above.
Moxifloxacin Eye Drops – Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Moxifloxacin Eye Drops. This is not a comprehensive list. These side effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side effects, especially if they do not go away.
· Swelling Of Eyes And Lips
· Abnormal Blood Counts
· Cardiac Complications Characterized By An Abnormal Electrocardiogram In Individuals With Low Levels Of Potassium
Moxifloxacin Eye Drops – Precautions & How to Use
Before using this drug, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
· Call your doctor if suffering from sudden pain, swelling, bruising, tenderness, stiffness, or movement problems in joints
· Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
· Do not breastfeed your baby while taking this medication
· Do not crush, break or chew tablets
· Keep the bottle tightly closed when not in use
· Wash your hands before using the eye drops