What is Procaine Pencillin / Penicillin G Sodium?
Procaine Pencillin / Penicillin G Sodium is used for Low concentration of penicillin, Bacterial infections, Inflammatory discharge from vagina, Infection during sexual intercourse, Inflammation of the mucous membranes, Tetanus and other conditions. This salt combination may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Procaine Pencillin / Penicillin G Sodium Uses
Procaine Pencillin / Penicillin G Sodium is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
· Low concentration of penicillin
· Bacterial infections
· Inflammatory discharge from vagina
· Infection during sexual intercourse
· Inflammation of the mucous membranes
· Soil bacterium infected tissue
· Procaine Pencillin / Penicillin G Sodium may also be used for purposes not listed here.
Procaine Pencillin / Penicillin G Sodium Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Procaine Pencillin / Penicillin G Sodium improves the patient’s condition by performing the following functions:
· Blocking the transmission of nerve impulses.
· Killing the bacteria by interrupting the bacterial cell wall formation.
Procaine Pencillin / Penicillin G Sodium – Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur in medicines that contain Procaine Pencillin / Penicillin G Sodium. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
· Similar to penicillin g sodium
· Allergic reactions
· Bone-marrow depression
· Defect of hemostasis that appears to be due to an impairment of platelet aggregation
· Procaine Pencillin / Penicillin G Sodium may also cause side-effects not listed here.
Procaine Pencillin / Penicillin G Sodium – Precautions & How to Use
Before using Procaine Pencillin / Penicillin G Sodium, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
· Avoid using penicillin if allergic to it
· Birth control and hormonal contraception may not work as well. Use another form of contraception such as condom
· Do not self-inject this medicine if you do not fully understand how to give the injection
· Given as intramuscular shot
· May experience diarrhea from this medication
· Notify doctor immediately if experiencing signs of allergic reaction such as rash, hives, itching, blister, wheezing