What is Ribavirin?
Ribavirin Capsule is a medicine that is used for the treatment of Hepatitis C Viral Infection, Respiratory Tract Viral Infection and other conditions.
Ribavirin Capsule contains Ribavirin as an active ingredient.
Ribavirin Capsule works by inhibiting virus multiplication in the body.
Detailed information related to Ribavirin Capsule’s uses, composition, dosage, side effects and reviews is listed below.
Ribavirin Capsule Uses
Ribavirin Capsule is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
· Hepatitis C Viral Infection
· Respiratory Tract Viral Infection
Ribavirin Capsule Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Ribavirin Capsule improves the patient’s condition by performing the following functions:
· Inhibiting virus multiplication in the body.
Ribavirin Capsule – Composition and Active Ingredients
Ribavirin Capsule is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
· Ribavirin (200 MG)
Please note that this medicine may be available in various strengths for each active ingredient listed above.
Ribavirin Capsule – Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Ribavirin Capsule. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
· Back Pain
· Neck Pain
· Viral Infection Resulting In Painful Blisters
· Low Blood Pressure
· Weight Decreased
Ribavirin Capsule – Precautions & How to Use
Before using this drug, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
· Consult a doctor if you have renal impairment, hepatic fibrosis, anaemia or asthma
· Do consult your doctor if you are suffering from liver problems other than Hepatitis C virus, HIV infection, kidney problems or depression
· Do not drive or operate machinery
· Drink extra fluids to stay hydrated during treatment
· Used only in combination with pegylated alfa interferon