What is Salicylic Acid?
Salicylic Acid Ointment is used for Acne, Skin diseases, Blemishes, Skin redness, Dandruff, Calluses and corns and other conditions. Salicylic Acid Ointment may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Salicylic Acid Ointment contains Salicylic Acid as an active ingredient.
Salicylic Acid Ointment works by works on reducing swelling, redness, pimples and also loosens and softens the dry and scaly skin.
Salicylic Acid Ointment Uses
Salicylic Acid Ointment is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
· Skin diseases
· Skin redness
· Calluses and corns
Salicylic Acid Ointment – Composition and Active Ingredients
Salicylic Acid Ointment is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
· Salicylic Acid
Salicylic Acid Ointment – Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Salicylic Acid Ointment. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
· Mild cold or burning sensation at the site of application
· Severe allergic reaction
Salicylic Acid Ointment Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Salicylic Acid Ointment improves the patient’s condition by performing the following functions:
· Works on reducing swelling, redness, pimples and also loosens and softens the dry and scaly skin.
Salicylic Acid Ointment – Precautions & How to Use
Before using Salicylic Acid Ointment, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
· Avoid contact with eyes and other mucous membranes
· Consult a doctor about medication or kidney problems
· Discontinue use and consult a doctor if excessive burning, stinging or peeling occurs
· do not take by mouth. Consult with your doctor before using this medicine on open wounds, dry, chapped, irritated, or sun-burned skin.
· wash your hands before and after applying Salicylic Acid Ointment. Clean and dry the skin area to be treated.
· do not wash the treated area after immediately applying Salicylic Acid Ointment. Also avoid the use of other products on the treated area unless directed by your doctor.
· applying an excessive amount may result in pilling. Use a thinner layer or lesser quantity of medicine to avoid pilling.
· avoid getting this medication in your eyes or nose or mouth.