What is Simvastatin & Ezetimibe?
The salt combination Simvastatin & Ezetimibe is used for the treatment of High Cholesterol Level, Fatty Substances Decrease, High-Density Lipoprotein Increase and other conditions.Detailed information related to Simvastatin & Ezetimibe’s uses, side-effects, reviews, questions, interactions, and precautions is as follows:
Simvastatin & Ezetimibe Uses
Simvastatin & Ezetimibe is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
· High Cholesterol Level
· Fatty Substances Decrease
· High-Density Lipoprotein Increase
Simvastatin & Ezetimibe Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Simvastatin & Ezetimibe improves the patient’s condition by performing the following functions:
· Inhibiting the absorption of cholesterol in the intestine.
· Blocking an enzyme HMG CoA that is needed by the body to make cholesterol.
Simvastatin & Ezetimibe – Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur in medicines that contain Simvastatin & Ezetimibe. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
· Muscle Aches
· Elevated Creatinine Kinase
· Abdominal Bloating
· Pain In Arms Or Legs
Simvastatin & Ezetimibe – Precautions & How to Use
Before using this drug, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
· Avoid alcohol intake
· Be careful if you have impairment of fertility
· Be careful if you have unexplained muscle pain and weakness
· Consult a doctor before taking medications such as cyclosporine, warfarin, phenprocoumon, acenocoumarol, cholestyramine, or fibrates
· Consult a doctor if you have hepatic insufficiency, carcinogenesis or liver disease
· Consult a doctor if you have hypotension, renal failure