Leading Whitfield Ointment Manufacturer, Supplier & Exporter in India
What is Whitfield?
Whitfield Ointment is used for Fungal infections of skin, Acne, Skin redness, Skin diseases, Blemishes, Dandruff, Calluses and corns and other conditions. Whitfield Ointment may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Whitfield Ointment contains Benzoic Acid and Salicylic Acid as active ingredients.
Whitfield Ointment works by works on reducing swelling, redness, pimples and also loosens and softens the dry and scaly skin; suppressing the ability of fungi to grow or reproduce by altering their structure;
Whitfield Ointment Uses
Whitfield Ointment is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Fungal infections of skin
- Skin redness
- Skin diseases
- Calluses and corns
- Whitfield Ointment may also be used for purposes not listed here.
Whitfield Ointment – Composition and Active Ingredients
Whitfield Ointment is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
- Salicylic Acid – 3.2%W/W
- Benzoic Acid – 6.04%W/W
Whitfield Ointment – Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Whitfield Ointment. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Mild cold or burning sensation at the site of application
- Severe allergic reaction
- Difficulty in breathing
- Redness, irritation at the site of application
- Swelling of face
Whitfield Ointment Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Whitfield Ointment improves the patient’s condition by performing the following functions:
- Works on reducing swelling, redness, pimples and also loosens and softens the dry and scaly skin.
- Suppressing the ability of fungi to grow or reproduce by altering their structure.
Whitfield Ointment – Precautions & How to Use
Before using Whitfield Ointment, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Avoid breathing dust
- Avoid contact with eyes and other mucous membranes
- Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing
- Consult a doctor about medication or kidney problems
- Discontinue if abnormal dryness or irritation develop
- Discontinue use and consult a doctor if excessive burning, stinging or peeling occurs
- Do not apply to broken or inflamed skin
- For external use only
- Minimize dust generation and accumulation
- Use only in a well-ventilated area
- do not take by mouth. Consult with your doctor before using this medicine on open wounds, dry, chapped, irritated, or sun-burned skin.
- wash your hands before and after applying Whitfield Ointment. Clean and dry the skin area to be treated.
- do not wash the treated area after immediately applying Whitfield Ointment. Also avoid the use of other products on the treated area unless directed by your doctor.
- applying an excessive amount may result in pilling. Use a thinner layer or lesser quantity of medicine to avoid pilling.
- avoid getting this medication in your eyes or nose or mouth.
As Whitfield Ointment Exporters, we can cater business queries from the following geographies:
Papua New Guinea (PNG), Gambia, Venezuela, Trinidad & Tobago, Somalia, Guyana, Libya, Seychelles, All West Indies Country, Sierra Leone, Turkey, Cyprus, Guatemala, El Salvador, Cayman Island, Jamaica, Mozambique, Ecuador, Colombia, Malawi, St Lucia